Friday 21 October 2011

Recent Arrival - Qubed

I've been after this US exclusive compilation for a while now and it's a game that has been tricky to find at a reasonable price. The game disk contains the previous XBL releases REZHD, LUMINES, and EVERY EXTEND EXTRA EXTREME. It's one of those titles that is probably dirt cheap over the other side of the pond but hard to get over here without paying the stupid postage charges this game seems to command on ebay. Anyway the game is in nearly new condition and cost £12.58 including P&P (you could probably get it a bit cheaper with some patience). I can confirm that Qubed works perfectly on a Jap 360 and there's a nice interview with the game designer (his name escapes me at the moment) included on the disk. At the moment I'm completely addicted to Every Extend Extra Extreme, I like the way they've expanded the original concept into an insane and tactical shooter/puzzle game. REZ HD looks stunning, I really like the lick of paint that the game has had and I think it might be one of those rare games that benefits from a HD makeover. I'm a huge Lumines fan and whilst the 360 port is cool there's something about the game that lends itself to the handheld format better, maybe it's because the control seems sharper? In short the compilation is a great showcase for the amazing work that Q Entertainment have done over the years, frankly I'm really not sure why this didn't get a PAL release a great value package. 8/10

I think this may be the last of the compilations I need to pick up with XBL shooters released in a physical format but I'm always on the lookout.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53666013@N02/6264454177/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53666013@N02/6264984454/in/photostream/

No comments:

Post a Comment